One of our biggest priorities as parents and educators is ensuring the safety of our children.
Parents, please discuss the following safety reminders
with your children.
And students, please follow these guidelines carefully
*TIPS FOR WALKING TO AND FROM SCHOOL*
· NEVER WALK ALONE. Always walk in groups of at least 2 or 3 students.
· BE ALERT! Be aware of your surroundings at all times (people, cars, bicycles). ***Do not wear headphones or text while walking so that you can be sure to remain aware of your surroundings until you are safely in your house.
· REPORT ANYONE SUSPICIOUS TO SCHOOL PERSONNEL, PARENTS, OR THE POLICE RIGHT AWAY!
· ESTABLISH A “SAFE HOUSE.” Talk to neighbors and local businesses on your route to school and ask them if it okay to stay there in case of an emergency.
· AVOID SHORTCUTS through desolate or abandoned areas.
· NEVER, EVER accept a ride from people not arranged or approved by your parents.
· PARENTS—make sure your children know your work and cellphone numbers. Make a rule that they call you as soon as they arrive home after school.
Tips for Walking To and From School.spanish.docx
Tips for Walking To and From School.creole.docx